Tuesday, October 27, 2015

RtNP#64 Windswept

Here is another episode already, quite close to the previous one but my head has been filled with thoughts the last couple of days and I wanted to share a few of them with you.
The day was not really suitable for recording because of strong winds but here it is anyway. I hope the wind isn't completely ruining the listening experience. It didn't ruin my running experience, it made me struggle but did in no way ruin the joy of running or the pleasure of spending some time outdoors.
The thoughts I wanted to share is connected to a tragic event that took place much too close to us. But I also talk about my planned journey, the cello project and the wind.


Intro music: Matthew Ebel - Lost My Way      www.matthewebel.com


Contact me by e-mail (address in link to the right) or post a comment below.
Subscribe to this podcast by using the links to the right.
Listen to this episode here. (right click [save-as..] for download). Or use the player below.

1 comment:

Run Talk Run said...

Greetings Krister! I'm very sorry to hear about what happened in your town. We had a similar situation here with a kid that brought a handgun to school and killed himself and an assistant principle. The assistant principle went to my church. We have a memorial 5k run in my town in his honor now. It is very sad and your town will never be the same but it does get better over time.

As to Halloween, it was very different when I was growing up. I'm pretty sure it is an American creation but when I was a kid in the 70s you dressed up like something positive (policeman, fireman or a super hero) and went to people's houses you knew and showed off your costume. A parent always came along to chaperone. This idea of dressing up like something scary didn't show up until the 80s. Over time the kids have dressed up less like a positive role model and more like some ghoul, goblin or zombie. In my area I see more decorations for Halloween than I do for Christmas. Considering that Halloween celebrates death and Christmas celebrates life it's really quite sad that Halloween is more popular.

Oh, horses jumping over fences and water obstacles on an outdoor track or field is called a Steeplechase in English.

Glad to hear you podcasting more again Krister! Look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

Take care buddy!

Jim